Friday, January 21, 2011

Workout Challenge - Week Three


This week was a reminder that diet and sleep are a HUGE part of the success we see and feel from working out. I ate Five Guys for the first time ever two days ago, and I am STILL recovering from it. I had a small, plain burger and only ate one french fry, but MAN! I couldn't work out on Wednesday after I ate it, because my body was struggling to digest the food and all I wanted to do was nap. My workout yesterday was a real struggle because I was still playing catch-up with the proper fuel I needed to get a good workout. My workout today was even a little on the hard side, and today is the day I modify on my HIIT workout to take it easy on my knees. But, also, there were 4 days this week where I went to sleep close to midnight and got up before 7am. Lack of sleep coupled with 1-2 not-so-great meals threw off my entire week. I am still happy that I was able to do my full week of working out, and I just want to remind everyone that diet really is 80% of your weight-loss/toning program. It's okay to have a slip-day every now and then, but if you do it on a regular basis, you will feel sick, sluggish, moody, bloated, and well, basically, worthless.

Here's to eating healthy and getting enough sleep!

2 comments:

  1. It's all my fault, Jacque. You can blame it on me. Actually, let's blame it on crazy pregnancy cravings! Thanks for coming with us - it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great! I will gladly come along for the company next time, and just bring something to munch on for myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete