Friday, July 9, 2010

It's been fun so far...



.... Summer, that is. Grace had a great time a dance camp, and then we started swim lessons. She has made HUGE improvements with swimming! Andrew is still being a little stubborn, but I am seeing progress. Here is Andrew's awesome news. He is completely day potty trained! It happened this past week. We have only had one accident all week long. I am so proud! Both of the kids went a little stir-crazy this week because of the rain, but that will quickly be cured when we get to see some cousins tomorrow and pick some blueberries next week! I LOVE going to pick blueberries. We put on our sun hats, lather on the sunscreen and bug spray, and we enjoy a morning of picking pails and pails of blueberries. I think we will make it a themed day with blueberry foods and reading Blueberries for Sal (LOVE that book) followed by some blueberry crafts. Sounds fun to me! But I am ready to hit the beach. People who have gone to Galveston for the day have told me it's not so bad, so I think we will make a day trip out there within the next couple of weeks. But here is what I am really looking forward to: Shakespeare in the Park at Miller Outdoor Theater! We are going to see Much Ado About Nothing and A Midsummer Night's Dream. Heck yeah! *happy dance*

In a way I am ready for school to start again, but mostly I am not ready. It will be a bittersweet start to a new year for my darling girl, and a new year of surprises for Andrew. Can we just hang out at the pool, pick fruit, and read books all year long?? *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I miss Miller Outdoor Theater! That sounds like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete