Thursday, March 17, 2011

Can we be inspired?


We have all felt the calm before a storm. The skies seem to be so clear and perfect, as if to warn us of the tumult about to ramble across the vault. A little chaos is good for us all; it forces us to act on instinct and sharpen our mental reactions. I know myself well enough by now to acknowledge that I receive my most inspiring epiphanies when I am alone. The silence cleanses my crowded mind and opens the windows of my stifled imagination.

I desperately needed that time this evening, so I put the darling little ones to bed early after happily seeing my husband off to basketball practice. Sadly, nothing happened. No locked gates were opened, and no seedlings of newborn ideas were planted in my head. That won't stop me from enjoying the little comforts that I rely on when I am seeking new experiences. Whether it reveals itself now or at some distant time, I can fall in to the secure actions that help me seek my inspiration.

A little quiet music does so much for me, so I start there. Then I pray and meditate on any residual thoughts of the prayer. After that I just sit, alone, quiet, releasing any nagging thoughts or tensions that are holding me back. This proves to be a challenge in most cases.... you can easily guess why, I'm sure. But a little effort makes for pleasing results. I get what I want and my body gets what it needs. The process is completed and another experience begins.

What was I inspired to do tonight? Spend more time alone, in silence, showing appreciation to my body for carrying me so far. Showing love to my soul for blooming so exquisitely. Giving thanks by resting my weary head and preparing it for the wonderful storm that is brewing. Heavens of my mind, let the rain fall.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Jacque! Thanks for sharing your thoughts@

    ReplyDelete