Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Lifetime of Enjoyment



Bryan bought us memberships to Lifetime Fitness 3 weeks ago. I had a membership to LA Fitness before we moved, and I even taught classes there. But LA Fitness was the class chump compared to Lifetime Fitness. This place is ridiculously amazing! It is not a gym, it is a "fitness resort". Downstairs there is a salon where you can get your hair done, your nails done, and choose from many different massages. The children's center has organized physical activities and camps, and face painters come in weekly to entertain the kids. This Saturday they are having Family Fitness Day, with balloon animals, face painting, organized activities, and snacks. The pool area includes an entire wall of hot tubs with waterfalls, and there is a family pool complete with splash areas, water slides, and lounge chairs inside AND outside. The locker rooms have steam saunas with eucalyptus, and there is a co-ed dry sauna in the pool area. There is an all-organic cafe downstairs where you can get smoothies, protein shakes and bars, and a number of delicious meals (the mediterranean salad is AWESOME). There is a family locker room where you can take the whole family to change and shower, complete with huge private family showers (more like a small lobby with a shower on one end). I haven't even gotten to the actual fitness part of it all yet. The trainers are incredibly personable, and I LOVED the results of my fitness test. The fitness equipment is very nice, and they even have my favorite Precor elliptical (it's easy on my bad knee). I haven't checked out the group fitness classes yet, but I have a feeling they will be just as great as the rest of the gym, I mean "fitness resort", has been so far. It has been worth the extra cost of membership so far, and I am looking forward to dropping off the kids in the children center one day and getting a massage instead of working out!

2 comments:

  1. And I bet it's still cheaper than my basic NYC gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of summers ago - I taught swim lessons at Lifetime - we absolutely love it there - the girls and I felt like we could live there! What a great way to spend the summer!

    ReplyDelete