Friday, May 21, 2010

Mungo Jerry knows!



I love Summer. It gets so hot that you have to wear shorts, a light top, or a swim suit to survive. I get to LIVE IN MY SANDALS. I can USE MY BRONZER. We get to swim, sleep in, go pick berries at local farms, visit family, and stay up late without consequence. This Summer I will be completely done with school, so I can devote my time to my kids. It feels WONDERFUL! Bryan is booked through September with a client, but we will still be able to take a few weekend getaways, and I am looking forward to that. I can also take full advantage of the uninterrupted time with the kids and make Andrew run around in his undies to complete his potty training. Woohoo!

The major thing that will be missing this year is a trip to the beach. With the oil spill still flowing freely in to the water, there is no way it will be safe for us to venture to the beach. It makes my heart break that the water is becoming so polluted and causing so much destruction to the whole gulf area. If the kids were a little older, I would take them to see if we could volunteer to help clean for a few days. I doubt that would go over well with a 6 year old and a 3 year old. Oh well.

So we will probably go somewhere near a lake or perhaps we will go to San Antonio. Who knows?! Either way Grace will be home, I will be done with school, and we will get to SLEEP IN.

We cut Grace's hair to get ready for the heat, and I will most likely be wearing lots of braids, because my hair likes to do a Diana Ross impression in the humidity when it is short. Andrew is hopefully going to get his mop buzzed this weekend, and he will be set for the first half of the Summer. I bought some open-toe black shoes for church to avoid that stinky foot syndrome I get when I wear close-toe shoes in the heat. I even bought some new sunglasses! I can also fit in to a juniors size 7/8 now!! I was in a juniors 9/10 not even 5 weeks ago. My womens size 6 shorts are getting loose on me, but I think that is just that the brand runs a little large.

This year has been such a fun year for transformations. Grace is almost done with Kindergarten, Andrew is making huge leaps in progress, and I have been feeling fairly accomplished. Bryan got an amazing job doing Citrix engineering, and I have been finding myself doing a lot more happy dances and random outbursts of song over the past few months.

Do I have to say it?

I do!

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment