Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blog Challenge: Day Seven - When should the past become the past?


The question of the day:

When should the past become the past, never to be brought up again, only a vague and distant memory? Is one day sufficient? How about a week, or a month? A year? Are there certain things about a person's past that will be brought up throughout life?

The deeper question:

If the past is brought up after a person is forgiven, was that person truly forgiven?


Today's blog is not going to be very long or detailed. We are all imperfect, we will all make mistakes at numerous points in our lives. We will all be in need of forgiveness. The Atonement makes that forgiveness possible. I am very thankful for it, and I try each day to understand it more and be an example.

There will be more to come tomorrow. Today was a busy day, and I am struggling to stay coherent as I type this.

Have a good night!

4 comments:

  1. That's a deep and profound question. But, I know the atonement works wonders. Especially in re guards to past mistakes. Now we obviously will remember the past. But I believe it's so we never make that same mistake twice. I guess we also need to remember that, we still must live w/the consequences from sin. Which may possibly be (the remembrance of it.) Just my two cents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way. I love that you did this challenge. You're awesome and I've loved stalking your blog :)I'm going to miss not being in the ward with all you fabulous westlake ward women. I'm so glad I got the chance to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, we miss you, too! I hope things go well in your new ward and Heavenly Father continues to bless you and your family.

    Thanks for your input on my blog topic. I agree with you that we remember it so that we will not do it again, and that remembering can be a consequence of the sin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's appropriate to allow things to become "past" when you've found a resolution and peace of heart regarding them. Any sooner and it'll cause issues, any later and you're just wasting time dwelling on that which is gone.

    ReplyDelete