Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog Challenge: Day Fifteen - Today's Struggle


I feel good during days like today, until I finally get home and take a look at myself in the mirror. On days such as today, where I throw my hair back, sweat like a pig at the park, then go straight to volunteer at the school for hours, and finally come home, exhausted...... I look in the mirror and I feel...... frumpy, like I didn't even try to look presentable when I was getting ready this morning. I haven't worn work attire in almost 4 years. My "work" attire is jeans or shorts with either a cute low-key blouse or a t-shirt.

Sometimes I think it might be a nice change if Bryan comes home one day and I am dressed in really flattering work attire. But he tells me that he loves me and wants to spend time with me, whether I am all dressed up or I "look like Quasimodo", in his words. Around this time last year I would have felt good in sweats and a t-shirt with my hair wild, hanging out with Bryan. But the hit my self-esteem took recently has made me second-guess myself. I guess the fact that we are now making more money and the kids are getting older and not needing me constantly has made me wonder if I need to change my perspective and routine again.

Either way, the mirror was not my friend today, and so I have simply been avoiding it. Isn't that what we do when our "friends" are being obnoxious? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment