Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog Challenge: Day Twenty Five - Show Yourself Some Love!


What do you do to remind yourself that you are an amazing person?
If you don't give yourself reminders, what should you do?
How often do you do it?
How often should you do it?

Little things I do for myself that I had taken for granted until recently have helped me to start rebuilding that positive relationship with myself. Here are some things I do that I find help me love myself:

I pray every day before I get out of bed

I get up early and work out or read a chapter of a good book

I take the extra 10-15 minutes in the morning to dress a little nicer or do something with my hair and/or make-up

I listen to some good music while I do chores around the house

I call my friends just to chat and I actually leave the house now to do things other than run errands, take the kids to/from activities, or volunteer! (this one is a big one, as I recently started going to lunch with a couple of close girl friends, and it has been FAN-friggin-TASTIC!!)

I try to learn a little bit of a new hobby every day (right now I am clumsily trying to learn basic chords on the guitar, and I am attempting to teach myself shading techniques for pastels)

I call other people that I know are in need in some way, just to chat and see if there is anything I can do to help

I have been focusing on buying clothing that is more flattering to my body shape, and that is a nicer quality that will last a long time and look nice for a longer period of time

This one is still weird for me, but a few people suggested I try it...... I set aside a few minutes each day to look at myself in the mirror and mentally note the things that I like about myself that day

I remind myself each day that I am a beautiful daughter of God, that I have dear friends and family who value me, a husband who loves me, children who need me and trust me, and many amazing blessings and opportunities in my life

Every once in a while I treat myself to a special day of no chores, no schedules, easy meals, and a good book or good movie (or both). I might throw in a nice, hot shower and a DIY mani/pedi as well. (that sounds great right now!)


I am in a good place right now. I can feel some peace and tranquility coming over me. It could be my new-found enthusiasm for myself and my family again, or it could be that the kids are asleep, the dog is asleep, and Bryan is at the church playing basketball (which means the house is MINE). :-)

I feel like I am ready to tackle some deeper hurdles again, so tomorrow's blog will go back to the beginning to dig a little deeper and hopefully find a little more.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I feel down on myself I look back at what the past few years have brought me as far as trials and see all I've overcome. It makes me feel able to face almost anything and reminds me of the cycles of life and how there are highs and lows but if you hang on and turn to God everything always worksout.

    ReplyDelete