Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blog Challenge: Day Twenty - 20 Quotes to Live By


I have made it to day twenty of my trust challenge! This feels like a big accomplishment for me, so I am doing a happy booty dance. To celebrate the twentieth day, I compiled a list of 20 quotes to live by. If you read this blog post, you are required to write the 20 quotes you live by. Or at least 5. Or just think of a few that inspire you. Either way, the rain seems to have washed some of the gunk away today, so my head is clearing up (literally and figuratively). Here they are for you reading pleasure! Drum roll please...........

20. "We must be the change we want to see." - Mahatma Gandhi

19. "Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts." - Charles Dickens

18. "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it." - Albert Einstein

17. "Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

16. "You're friends don't dance, and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine." - Men Without Hats

15. "Don't look back in anger." - Oasis

14. "A happy home is but an earlier heaven." - Thomas S. Monson

13. "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior." - Boyd K. Packer

12. "The influence of your mother will bless you throughout life." - Russell M. Nelson

11. "Femininity is not just lipstick, stylish hairdos, and trendy clothes. It is the divine adornment of humanity. It finds expression in your qualities of your capacity to love, your spirituality, delicacy, radiance, sensitivity, creativity, charm, graciousness, gentleness, dignity, and quiet strength." - James E. Faust

10. "There is no remedy for love but to love more." - Henry David Thoreau

9. "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. "Don't forget to love yourself." - Soren Kierkegaard

7. "A life in music is a life beautifully spent." - Luciano Pavarotti

6. "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

5. "To thine own self be true." - William Shakespeare

4. "God respects me when I work, but He loves me when I sing." - Rabindranath Tagore

3. "When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone, sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored. Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last." - Katharina von Schlegel

2. "Who am I to judge another, when I walk imperfectly? In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see." - Susan Evans McCloud

1. "Men are, that they might have joy." - Nephi




So, to sum it all up (in a nutshell):

Find yourself, stay strong and true to yourself, seek out goodness and happiness, be an example, make the changes you want in life, love yourself, love your God, love your family, love your life, take care of others, dance when you can, sing when you can, make your own path, and enjoy it all.

1 comment:

  1. all of these are good but none of them are ones that come to my mind regularly. I like:
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    "don't say I can't instead say I currently struggle with. . ."
    "God was not in the storm." this is good for parenting-you do your best parenting when you are not in anger.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." I could go on forever but I wont, it's late and I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete