Saturday, April 10, 2010

Go Jacque, it's your birthday! Go and partay! Like an old laday!


Not so much old, but I can finally see my carefree, whimsical, idealistic thoughts of my youth slowly fluttering out of the window. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I have softened the "blow" by celebrating through the weekend. I am turning 27, yes.... I know it is NOT old by any means. But it means I am now in my late twenties and fewer people are going to be calling me girl or young lady. Instead it will be a battering of ma'ams, Mrs. Halda, and plain ole' "lady".

I have two children, and one of them is already in elementary school! I have a mortgage, I pay bills, we just paid off our first car, and I am more concerned about what debs we will pay down in the next year than I am with where we will be going on our date this weekend for date night. The transition is gripping me! So this is how I have battled it through the weekend:

1. I shopped for 2 hours at Plato's Closet yesterday and bought 6 shirts, a new pair of jeans, and 3 necklaces (all for under $75 I might add...... see what I mean!)
2. I went out to eat with some other girls last night at my friend's husband's new restaurant, and we splurged, big time!
3. I had a Clash of the Titans movie party at the house today. Even though only one person showed up, I still felt like a dorky kid again, cheering Perseus on and boo-ing when Medusa showed up.
4. I ate a frito pie with onions and jalapenos on it from Ritters. I haven't had one of those in a looooooooooooooong time!
5. I WILL be eating chocolate tomorrow for my birthday breakfast, and Bryan and I will watch some movie that will make me laugh, cry, and spin in circles like a lunatic. That movie will probably be Sense & Sensibility.

So, this is gearing me up to yell "27, here I come, watch out!" when I officially become that age tomorrow.

If you see me at church, give me chocolate and a hug, and tell me I will be young forever! Or something to that effect. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Happy birthday tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, didn't know about the chocolate until just this moment or I would have brought it with me to church! :D

    I like to be called Sister Dallas at church because it sounds younger than Sister Mathews (that's my mom)! It's the little things that keep you young. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dallas, that has been noted and I will forward the info on to my mini-clones. ;-)

    I suppose I could adopt that approach as well. I am NOT Sis. Halda, I am Sis. Jacque! So hip, cool, and with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 27th! I'm turning 29this week-end! Yikes! Here's to being forever young at heart! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete