Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tension and love.... after all, it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things


I have been getting tension headaches on a regular basis (every other day) for the past couple of weeks.

Could it be from the difficulty of my advanced accounting class?
Could it be from hiking everywhere with Andrew on my back or in a wagon?
Could it be from the stress of Bryan starting a new job with new paydays, new insurance, and new hours?
Could it be from Grace's increased lying (over little things)?
Could it be from Andrew's new phobia of insects that has him worrying about every little speck around the house?
Could it be from Layla's multiple vet visits that result in new medicine and higher costs each time?
Could it be from Layla pooping on my area rug EVERY DAY??
Could it be from the water heater pipes causing that nasty leak and the fact that the AC stopped blowing cold air today?
Could it be from the bills that are slightly overdue that we can't pay until at least Friday now, due to Layla being sick and the friggin' AC crapping out?
Could it be from the Neon STILL NOT BEING DRIVEABLE?
Could it be from the fact that we still need to have a tune-up done on the Focus that we just paid off?

I don't know..... all I know is that St. John's Wort, chamomile tea, lavender essential oil, and Advil have been my constant companions recently. We need to pay our HOA dues this weekend, but if the AC needs work and Layla needs more medicine, how can we possibly work it out? Isn't a higher salary supposed to make this process a little easier??? Ugh. Sometimes I want to just throw in the towel. If one thing is working just fine, another is falling apart. I don't remember this being covered in the part of physics that states that for every action there is a reaction. These things don't even relate to one another. But at least our house isn't completely falling apart, our children are healthy, Bryan still has a job, I am still getting my education, we still have food, clothes, transportation, friends, family, and love. But do things need to keep breaking around here???? I mean COME ON!!! Is this REALLY necessary???!!!!

There..... I feel a little better now. Excalmation marks do help.

On a different note..... my husband and I went and celebrated our 7 year anniversary today. It is officially tomorrow, but with it being Easter and Conference weekend, we thought it would be best to celebrate today. We saw the new Clash of the Titans. I. Was. NOT. Impressed. Yes, there were some enhancements to fictional creatures via CGI. Yes, there were some twists in the story line to stray from the original to attempt to make it fresh..... but Calibos was NOT the evil alter-ego of Acrisius.... are you serious??? Danae was Acrisius' daughter, NOT his wife.... Cassiopeia does not die at the hands of Hades...... the scorpions come from the poisonous blood of Medusa's head, NOT Calibos' blood....... and where the heck is Bubo?? He appears for 5 seconds as a toy and is tossed to the side? No way! Needless to say, we will not be buying it to add to our movie collection.

But we did have some delicious Mediterranean salads at La Madeleine, and some nice fresh strawberries. We got to hang out alone all afternoon and reminisce on the past 8 years of our "courtship" (1 year of dating and 7 years of marriage). We still love each other very much and still consider the other to be our best friend. We are very blessed that we have each other and I hope the next 7 years are filled with just as much love, progress, and happiness.

Besides, tomorrow is Easter and General Conference! We get to feast on the word of the Lord and my grandmother's potato salad. Woohoo! I love hearing the church authorities share their revelations with the world, and I love spending time with my family. I love watching my kids have fun and I love eating good food with good people. Tomorrow will make up for the AC being a useless hunk of metal today.

Much love to all! God bless you and your loved ones!

1 comment:

  1. I totally and 100% hear you and understand. Isn't is supposed to be easier by this point?!!!!! (you are right - exclamation points really do help! So does chocolate!)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete