Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sickies and Cruddies


Layla is still scratching, so we are taking back to the vet tomorrow morning. Let's get that one out of the way now!

Grace came home from school with a fever and a red throat yesterday afternoon. We had to take her to the Take Care clinic down the road. The doctor at the clinic was wonderful, and thorough, and really good with Grace. She swabbed her throat and the swab came back positive for Strep in less than 3 minutes. Nasty, nasty case of it. So we were sent on our way with antibiotics and hope. After two doses she seems to be back to her old self, singing, dancing, stomping her feet when she's not getting her way, then dramatically throwing herself on to her bed when she gets reprimanded for being dramatic about not getting her way. :-)

Andrew is showing no signs of being sick, and neither is anyone else. I like it that way, and I hope it stays that way!

So tomorrow night is supposed to be a girl's night out, and I hope nothing stops it from happening. I haven't had a girl's night out in AGES, and I am SO READY FOR ONE. Besides, my birthday is on Sunday and I want to go out with other women to eat and relax as part of my present. So determination and lots of vitamin C will hopefully get me there! Wish me luck!

PS - I took a 2 hour nap today, it felt AMAZING!

2 comments:

  1. Jacque, it's too late to call you, and your email wasn't working earlier. Do you need a ride to the vet tomorrow? I don't have anything going on in the morning and I'd be happy to take you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, you are so awesome! I wont need a ride, Bryan is working from home today so I am stealing the car from him for Layla's vet visit.

    ReplyDelete