Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Puddle of Tears and Cottage Cheese


My husband tells me that my chin looks like cottage cheese in a bag when I cry. Sometimes that is the extent of his sympathy. He is just too logically-minded to understand that sometimes people need to cry, freak out, rant, or become immensely annoyed to move past something and on to the next thing. But tonight he tried his hand at being sympathetic.....

He got home from work at about 6:45pm and was going to leave at 7:45pm to go play basketball at the church until 10:40pm, so it is one of those days where we would all see him for about an hour and then he would be gone again.

The kitchen sink sprayer hose decided to spring a nasty leak while he was home, causing the area under the kitchen sink to flood AGAIN, for the FIFTH time in less than TWO YEARS. I promise, if I here that country song "Just Another Day in Paradise" again, I am going to dismantle the car stereo and boycott the radio station. That is so not the mentality I have on it all right now. Instead, I kind of just want to live in a mud hut with the kids and not have to worry about paying for things that wont work properly, or having to fix things that will just break down soon after again.

So anyway, Bryan tried to comfort me after yelling and the scrutinizing (I replaced the faucet in the kitchen sink not long ago, after waiting and waiting and waiting for him to do it). He hugged me and wiped my face, and then attempted to listen with understanding and compassion. Then he left to go play basketball. Oh well.

Fine, so for now I will just drink some St. John's Wort tea, pound back some NyQuil (haha!) and call it a night. I. Am. Done.

At least Layla pooped in the yard BY HERSELF today. Andrew did a lot of work with the letter "A", Grace got to see ladybugs in a jar at school, and I made some yummy easy strudel.

Good night. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Jacque, did you know that cottage cheese is one of my very favorite things? That must be why I like you. :D Call me the next time you need to rant! We can enjoy cottage cheese together.

    Glad you are able to see the positives, when all is said and done. (At least it was Layla and not Andrew who pooped in the yard...that would be my fear with a puppy and a little boy!)

    Enjoy the NyQuil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you like me because I remind you of cottage cheese. I am in a good mood this morning so that will be taken as nothing but the best of compliments! :-)

    The imagery from your pooping-in-the-yard fear gave me something to laugh at. Here's to hoping that NEVER happens!

    ReplyDelete