Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yes, I know I look crazy.


This is how Layla looked at me today after I tried talking to her about my day.... sad, I know.

I watched the son of a friend this morning for a few hours, and he is the cutest little guy! But he and Andrew could NOT share to save their lives. I spent 3.5 hours distracting them from the toys the other was playing with, and trying to entertain them with my own silly antics. I think it worked, because he left happy and Andrew was still smiling.

While he was here the A/C repairman came out to take a look at our unit and figure out why it wasn't cooling the house. The verdict was low freon, as I suspected, so I happily paid him to refill the freon and then gave him the boot (respectfully) when he tried to convince me that I needed my entire system replaced for a cool $8,000. When pigs fly, my good sir!

Bryan came home early from a client site, so we took in a quick late lunch and then I came home, showered, checked email, and then it was time to go get Grace from school. She had a playdate after school with some school friends, so we drove down to the park and the kids played for a good 2 hours while I caught up with the moms.

Grace and Andrew were exhausted after running around for so long, so they were like two walking raw nerves after we got home. I figured it would be fine, I would get them settled in early and read to them for a while to zonk them out. Then the doorbell rang....

I completely forgot the home teachers were coming over tonight. It was the first night in a very long while that I didn't hear what was taught over the whining of the poor kids. After about 35 minutes they wrapped it up and went their way, so I put kids in bed. But Layla wanted to play, so she sat at the gate set up in the doorway of the bedroom with a toy rope in her mouth, pawing the gate and looking rather pathetic while Andrew said "Hahaha! Layla, you silly". So I got kids in bed, but Bryan had other plans.

He decided to finally put up the light fixture I have been wanting him to put up for months, so I was happy to help him out. We shut off the power and got to work. The kids were curious so they stood in the doorway watching while I tried to urge them back to bed and hold the flashlight still for Bryan. We finally got the light fixture put in, the kids back in bed, some playtime for Layla, and now all that is missing is my chips and salsa. But that will be remedied tomorrow when I go grocery shopping.

I can't wait to make some delicious homemade salsa!

PS - Layla, stop looking at me like that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment