Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another BEAUTIMUS day!!





We started off the day with a bang (a good one, I promise!) and we will hopefully end on a high note. After a drama-free morning of getting kids ready and taking Grace to school, I put Layla in her kennel for a nap (safety) while Andrew and I walked down to a neighborhood park for our church's Mom & Me group. The round trip is 2.5 miles and I pulled Andrew in his wagon. It was a good workout! He loved the park and I loved spending time with some awesome women and their cute kids. We had someone new come and she is great! Her step-spn is in Grace's kindergarten class, so we got to know each other a bit better today. After we got home we went and had lunch with Bryan (this working from home stuff just BAFFLES me), and then I laid Andrew down for a nap. Then I decided to go weed the garden beds in the front of the house. Man..... there were a TON of weeds! By the time I was done I only had about half an hour before Grace got out of school.

We got The Witches in the mail from Netflix today, and Grace was SUPER excited to see it since we finished the book not long ago. She was disappointed that the movie didn't follow important parts of the book, but she says she still liked most of it. I am SO PROUD OF HER. Books are better than the movie adaptation 95% of the time. Unless that book/movie is something equally crappy on both ends..... I wont name any names.... you can venture to guess.....

So back to today, it was GORGEOUS outside. I added to my sunburn, so I am slightly more red than yesteray in spite of my sunblock applications. The kids got to spend a good amount of time outside and so did Layla. Man, her energy level has SHOT UP! She was romping all over the house today, and she BARKED FOR THE FIRST TIME! She wanted to go outside, she actually wanted to go outside for something other than doing her business! She went out and played in the yard and explored. I am going to get her a leash this weekend and we are going to start working on getting her used to it.

Andrew had a lot of fun today, and he loves being outside. He was such fun to have around for the whole day, and he played almost the entire day, so nap time was what it is meant to be, he wore himself out enough to actually sleep! He has been asleep for the night since about 8pm, snoring like a bear in his room. I love it!

Life feels blessed and light-hearted today. I will have to remember that next week when group projects are due for my advanced accounting class! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment