Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring is busting out all over!

Bryan's new job started on Monday, and I still can't grasp the concept that he will be paid for days that he is not required to come in to the office or visit a client site. Today was one of those days..... and just as I feared, he threw off my whole routine.

I skipped out on Mom & Me to go have a late breakfast with him and our little dude, and then I watched a movie with him this afternoon instead of straightening up the house and studying for my midterm. I also took advantage of the fact that he was here and went and finally got a massage with my Massage Envy gift card. Apparently I needed it, I have an inflamed muscle (trapezius) that had a nasty knot in it. I didn't even work out today. Instead, I took a nap with Bryan. He ruins everything!!! :-)

But it has still been an otherwise productive week. I got the squash, pumpkin, and onion sprouts out in to the garden. No, I will not post pictures, the garden is not complete yet. The heirloom tomatoes are in the Jiffy greenhouse now, and the poblano and yellow bell peppers are still growing in their individual seed pots until I feel they are big enough to move outside. My cilantro and chives are under a CFL bulb in the kitchen, and I will go buy my 5 gal. buckets and my timbers I need to make my hanging posts next week.

Grace and I are close to finishing The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. We would have finished it last week, but I slacked really bad and didn't read any novels to her last week, just had her read short stories. I haven't picked up my own book, Mozart's Ghost, in almost 2 weeks. I really need to sit down with it again, but this advanced accounting class is kicking my butt and taking up a lot of my free time that I would have otherwise used to read, exercise, or do batch cooking.

My azaleas are starting to push out blooms. Yes, I will post pictures, probably next week after all or most of the bushes are in full bloom. One of the plants' foliage is much lighter than the other bushes and is not pushing out blooms. I am sad that I might have to replace it, but I want to give it some time to see if it will bloom a different color. If so, I will just move it to another bed and put something else in its original place. Perhaps a cute fountain???

You know how we know it's Spring time?? The wasps are back..... there were 3 wasp nests in our gas grill yesterday! We decided to give it away since we never use it. The bugs get more use from it than we do. No loss, really. I want to extend the patio anyway, and getting rid of the grill will make that easier to do.

I think I will tuck in early tonight, I feel bushed from being completely unproductive all day long, haha!

Bryan, please go in to the office tomorrow so I can sweep, mop, dust, vacuum, study, and get a good kickboxing work out!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, when my hubby is home I get nothing done!

    ReplyDelete