Sunday, March 21, 2010

If it's broke, scream like a mad woman!!!


Yesterday was Andrew's superhero birthday party, and it was great! The bouncehouse was cancelled due to bad weather, but we still had a blast running around the house in capes/masks and defeating the bad guy (a pinata I made to look like the Green Goblin's head).

So I had $85 left over that would have been put towards the bounce house. I thought "Alright! Now we can have a little fun this week and maybe get Andrew a better birthday present on his actual birthday!". I. Was. Wrong.

I walked in to Andrew's bedroom at about 8pm to get him ready for bed. He was playing at his train table in the far right corner of his room. I walked over to get him and I stepped on soaking wet carpet. "What spilled", I thought. Nothing...... the pipes to the water heater (right on the other side of his wall in the garage) were letting out a steady stream of water that was slowly coming in to my son's room! I used all of the towels in the house to soak up water, then I put fans on the carpet to let them start drying. The carpet smells like cat pee today, I am SO UPSET! I HATE bad smells!

So someone from church who used to do plumbing work comes over to help us figure out what to do, and that $85 is going to go towards replacing pipes, sheetrock, and the box that the water heater stands on. Of course, but hey.... at least we had the money, right??

Now Layla has had a ton of excitement the past few days with having tons of people over. She has been really good and has not "gone" in her kennel at all at night, and waits until we let her out in the morning to do her business. So today I thought I would let her roam free for a bit, and then I got lost in school work and trying to help the hubs look at the water heater. Layla was left unsupervised for a total of an hour, and in that time she peed in the living room FOUR TIMES, and pooped on my area rug. Ugh! Can a four week old dog really need to pee that much?? I was frustrated that I let down my guard and thought that she would be okay for a short while. She is in her small kennel napping right now, and she will be spending some time outsides this evening. She has not wanted to go outside since the day before yesterday, because it rained all day yesterday and was cold/windy. Every time I tried to put her out to go, she would whine by the back door. Man.... it is HARD taking care of such a small dog. I will openly admit it!

So the pipes to the water heater are broken, the sheetrock is damaged, the box needs to be replaced, and Layla is scared to pee and poop outside. They are all BROKEN..... and I am screaming like a mad woman!

But, my husband is working on the water heater, Layla will get bigger and learn how to hold it in, my son will be three years old on Friday, my daughter is happy and helpful, I am in good health, my school work for the week is done, Bryan starts a new job tomorrow (with a nice pay raise), and all things considered..... life is good.

But, I still need to do it..........

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment