Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In Soviet Russia.....



.... it is rainy and dreary today, but that doesn't stop the Spring Break "madness"! We ran some errands this morning, had a nice lunch at home, did quiet time and then met up with Grace's friend Alicia and Alicia's mom, Dorothea at the Katy Mills indoor play area. It was packed, just as I had feared. Did I ever mention that I..... HAAAAAAAATE THEEEEE MAAAAAAALL!!!!!? After about a half hour there both of my kids were melting down from being around waaaaaay too many strange kids, and it was pretty warm in there as well, so Grace was insisting that her feet were in agony from being in "the hottest socks in the world". So we left and went elsewhere, where moods lifted, a little.

We got home and the kids immediately started fighting over Layla, I nipped that by taking her a putting her elsewhere. Then they started tattling on each other, even after I warned them that tattles would put them in the corner. Both kids ended up in the corner, and then we moved on to the next trial. They behaved long enough to get a mini ice cream cone after dinner. They kept waving their hands and cones in my face, so I finally blurted out:

"Stop tattling and waving things at me, or I am going to ship you to Russia!"

Andrew's reaction: "Hahaha! Dat funny, Mommy!"

Grace's reaction: "Are you really going to ship us to Russia??"

My answer: "Yes, and in Soviet Russia, ice cream eats YOU."

Grace's reaction: "I'm telling Daaaaaddyyyyyy!"

My reply: "That's it, you're going to tattle, you're going to Russia."

Grace's reply: "Noooooooo! I don't want to go to Russia!"

My reply: "Then stop tattling and eat your ice cream."

Grace's reply: "Okay, FINE!"

Andrew's reaction throughout the whole thing: "Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Dat FUNNY!"



My kids are the bee's knees.

2 comments: