Monday, March 15, 2010

Hey hey hey, whaddaya say!

Today was such a busy day! My nephew and his mom came over with 5 other kids and I entertained them plus my two kiddos for the day. They ate lunch here, went to the park, watched a show, ate dinner with us, played around the house, completely wore Layla out, and ran around the backyard. So I made food for 10 people twice today. Plus I straightened up the house, did laundry, took care of Layla, scheduled songs all the way up until mid-May for church, paid some bills, and washed dishes.

Then when all of the guests were gone after dinner, we decided that we would sit down as a family and talk about the importance of having a budget and a menu in place for our financial and physical health (for FHE - Family Home Evening). We made a menu and a grocery list as a family and then went to the store to get what we needed. Then we brought it home, brought it all in the house, unloaded it, took Layla outside, and tucked kids in bed. Then I had to go over the list of items needed for Andrew's birthday party this weekend and check off items and add the totals paid for those items to see what else is needed.

Added bonus, I stayed within my calorie intake for the day and easily walked over an hour today by just chasing everyone around. I felt so accomplished!!

..... until I looked at the bed. The laundry I did is still laying there in a giant heap, waiting to be folded. Awwwww MAN! Do I HAVE to?

No comments:

Post a Comment